Abora Recordings is delighted to release Farhad Mahdavi's debut album, "Tehran Echoes", in a special edition that includes mixable versions of every trance track.
"Tehran Echoes" begins in collaboration with the Mastan Ensemble in a perfect warm up that reveals a typical oriental vibe. The Mastan Ensemble is an Iranian group of seven live instrumentalists performing with traditional Persian instruments. The integration of Persian instruments with uplifting trance results in a special piece of music you will not soon forget. The intro mix provides a warm ambiance one might use to start a set.
Next up is "A Thousand Pieces", which includes some heavier beats that lead up to a peaceful breakdown with the sweet voice of Tiff Lacey.
Listeners are then redirected to the sentimental, sweet, and vibrant atmosphere of "Path of Memories", which was made in collaboration with Manuel Le Saux. The breakdown consists of emotional violin strings that build to an epic climax.
The journey continues with "Nostalgia", which was made in collaboration with Soshians and Allam. Embedded with synths, the track is rich in enchanting vibes.
Next up is "Wind of Changes", with talented British vocalist Claire Willis. It includes emotional lyrics within a fast-paced atmosphere and features lively yet pleasant rhythms from the very start.
The list continues with "Falling Dew", whose euphoric vibe is spiked with driving synths and trancy melodies.
"A Long Trip To Your Mind" features male vocals. A relaxed, positive vibe combines with an unforgettable piano break, and the warm voice of Farhad Zohdabady imbues the song with enthusiasm. The dub mix is included as an added release bonus.
Following is "This Moment", Farhad's second solo track on the album. It starts like any atmospheric trance track but ends with a beautiful climax filled with uplifting melodies and soul-stirring pianos.
The mesmerizing "Stay With Me", created in collaboration with tranzLift, reveals one of the most charming breakdowns ever composed by two trance producers. Its gorgeous piano and explosive climax make for one of the highlights of the album.
"Blue Rose" is another of Farhad's solo compositions. Already released on Abora, its great melodies and driving basslines fit perfectly to define the overall theme of "Tehran Echoes".
Next, Farhad touches on vocal progressive trance with a pop music influence in collaboration with Claire Willis. They manage to deliver a peaceful tune with a slower tempo, dreamy plucks, and emotional lyrics: "Without You".
Following is "Peaceland", a more club-oriented track with pumping basslines and a languorous breakdown, the both of which lead to a lovely climax.
To conclude the journey is "Parthia", a song whose nostalgic strings create a lasting impression of joy.
"Tehran Echoes" combines a variety of genres and atmospheres that are sure to inspire a world of trance lovers.
1. Farhad Mahdavi feat. Mastan Ensemble - Tehran Echoes (Intro Mix) [7:19]
2. Farhad Mahdavi feat. Mastan Ensemble - Tehran Echoes (Extended Mix) [5:09]
3. Farhad Mahdavi & Tiff Lacey - A Thousand Pieces (Original Mix) [7:00]
4. Farhad Mahdavi & Manuel Le Saux - Path Of Memories (Extended Mix) [7:38]
5. Farhad Mahdavi & Soshians feat. Allam - Nostalgia (Extended Mix) [7:03]
6. Farhad Mahdavi & Easton feat. Claire Willis - Wind Of Changes (Extended Mix) [7:39]
7. Farhad Mahdavi - Falling Dew (Extended Mix) [6:07]
8. Farhad Mahdavi feat. Farhad Zohdabady - A Long Trip To Your Mind (Extended Mix) [6:13]
9. Farhad Mahdavi feat. Farhad Zohdabady - A Long Trip To Your Mind (Dub Mix) [6:13]
10. Farhad Mahdavi - This Moment (Extended Mix) [7:44]
11. Farhad Mahdavi & tranzLift - Stay With Me (Extended Mix) [8:35]
12. Farhad Mahdavi - Blue Rose (Original Mix) [9:14]
13. Farhad Mahdavi feat. Claire Willis - Without You (Extended Mix) [7:05]
14. Farhad Mahdavi - Peaceland (Extended Mix) [7:21]
15. Farhad Mahdavi - Parthia (Original Mix) [7:35]
Release Date: August 24, 2015
Catalog Number: ABRD094